November 1, 2014

Trick-or-treaters killed by speeding car

UPDATE: Man Accused of Hitting and Killing Three Trick-or-Treaters

UPDATE: Police arrest 1 in California hit-run crash that killed 3 trick-or-treating girls

Update: Three teen girls killed in hit-and-run while trick-or-treating ID'd
11-1-2014 California:

Trick-or-treating took a tragic turn for three teens in Southern California. Two twin sisters and a friend, all 13-years-old, were hit by an SUV while on a crosswalk near an elementary school in Orange County just before 7:00 p.m. Friday. Authorities say they were thrown more than 100 feet.

"I'm really sad. I can't stop shaking ever since I heard it and I can't stop crying either," one girl said. "They said, 'Oh! Remember the twins?' And I said, 'Yes.' And then they said, 'They died today.' And I was like, 'No! I don't feel like going trick-or-treating anymore.' That's how come I'm so scared right now," said another.

All three were pronounced dead at the scene. According to witnesses, two men were in the Nissan Pathfinder that hit them. The vehicle was abandoned near the scene and police are still looking for the driver.

Halloween was a devastating night for others across the country as a result of car accidents. A family of four was hit while trick-or-treating in the Phoenix area. And others were injured in Washington state, Missouri and Illinois. Two others died in New York and Florida, including a 2-year-old boy. ..Source.. by AOL.com

No comments: