May 23, 2011

Illinois General Assembly Passes ‘Murderer Registry’

5-23-2011 Illinois:

Chicago - Lawmakers in Springfield have passed a so-called "murder registry," similar to a "sex-offender" registry.

Murderers would have to register with the State of Illinois after leaving prison.

The goal is to let people know if a murderer lives near them in the same way a person can look up the location of registered sex offenders.

The measure now goes on to Gov. Pat Quinn. ..Source.. by FOX Chicago

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tis is NOT a good thing!!!
I realize alot of registered sex offenders would say" Good, if I have to register so should every other person convicted of a crime"
In actuality, however, lawmakers realize that eventually if the registries are only for people convicted of sex crimes,they will have a much harder time keeping them based upon civil regulatory law.Now they will be able to successfully argue that the registries are not just targeting one class or group of people.My opinion only.

Anonymous said...

How would you know who the potential victim is or would be?

It would be nice to say If I registered my bath tub or shower stall; that it would make me actually safe from slipping and falling in it thus injuring me and perhaps kill me but what is the reality of imaginary public safety?

Anonymous said...

If everything is DANGEROUS then nothing is DANGEROUS!

Anonymous said...

Wasting money (tax payer dollars) is the cost of "imaginary public safety."