July 15, 2010

ACTION ALERT: A AP Reporter Would Like to Talk to "Certain Sex Offenders" about "Federal Bills" that Would Deny Benefits.

7-15-2010 National:

An Associated Press reporter has contacted RSOL Virginia about doing a story about the three recently PROPOSED federal bills which would deny benefits to any person convicted of a sex offense against a minor. See here for a complete explanation of the benefits involved.

Benefits involved: Unemployment, FHA Loans, and Small Business Loans. Remember, folks may not need these benefits TODAY, but may eventually need them, a critical distinction!

Further, these bill if passed, would affect persons convicted of a sex offense against a minor regardless of where they live in the nation. Congress is moving these bills on a FAST TRACK and they may be passed within a week or so.

Accordingly, if you are one of these former sex offenders, the AP reporter would like to speak to you ONLY if you would be affected by these bills, if made law. The reporter will be doing the story quickly, 24-96 hours, and she needs input from folks ASAP.

So, if these bills would affect you, please contact either:
RSOL Virginia rsolvirginia@comcast.net -OR-

AP Reporter dpotter@ap.org

Many thanks to both RSOL Virginia and SATA for advising us of this opportunity for folks to have their voices heard, a rare opportunity.

Have a great day and a better tomorrow,
eAdvocate

2 comments:

Furebear said...

I have sent them a long email offering myself to them. My home has an FHA Mortgage and I am worried they will make the new law Ex Post Facto and I will lose my home. And as things are really slow at work I just might need those Extended Unemployment Benefits this winter.

oncefallendotcom said...

I was looking to do a small business loan myself. My other concern is it will not stop here. What is next? Medicaid? Food Stamps, SSI/ Disability?